The EU Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) market has been experiencing large-scale change as rheumatologists continue adoption of alternate MOA biologics. Uptake of Novartis’ Cosentyx, BMS’ Orencia, and Eli Lilly’s Taltz will challenge the leading TNF-inhibitors, while a pipeline ripe with line-extensions and new agents is due to bring further disruption.
The RealTime Dynamix™: Psoriatic Arthritis (EU) report series provides a detailed and timely look at current and future trends in the PsA market, and the effects of the future shifting landscape. The semiannual releases allow for close monitoring and trending of key performance metrics. In addition to the fixed trended measures, the report also includes variable content addressing key current issues. The rapid field-to-insight turnaround time, highly relevant content, and unparalleled knowledge of the PsA market make this an essential tool for companies competing in the space, as well as those with near-term plans to enter it.
The report is based on an online survey of ~250 rheumatologists practicing in the EU5. Rheumatologists meet screening criteria including time in practice, percent of professional time spent in clinical practice (vs. teaching or research), minimum number of PsA patients, and minimum number of PsA patients on biologic agents. Surveys are programmed in the local language.
The semiannual report has been fielding since Q2 2020.
Learn more about RealTime Dynamix™ reports here.
- How is the current and near-term landscape for the PsA biologic market evolving? How does this differ by country?
- How is Taltz expected to perform?
- How much of an advantage will Cosentyx have being the first IL-17 to the market?
- How are biosimilar agents impacting the biologic market?
- What are the critical issues for companies to address for a successful launch into the PsA market in each of the EU5 countries?
- What are the critical opportunities and barriers to growth for each brand and class?
- What is the rheumatologist’s perception of late stage pipeline assets and how do they anticipate incorporating these assets into their PsA treatment?
- Which brands are preferred for different patient types?
AbbVie (Humira), Amgen (Enbrel), BMS (Orencia), Celgene (Otezla), Incyte/Lilly (Taltz), Janssen (Remicade, Simponi, Stelara), Merck (Renflexis), Novartis (Cosentyx), Pfizer (Inflectra), UCB (Cimzia)
AbbVie (upadacitinib), Janssen (Tremfya), Pfizer (Xeljanz)