Reports / Rheumatology Reports / RealTime Dynamix: Ankylosing Spondylitis & Nr-Axial Spondyloarthritis US
RealTime Dynamix: Ankylosing Spondylitis & Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis US (annual)
Use of biologics in the management of axial spondyloarthropathies (AxSpA) has become well established. The spectrum of axSpA is becoming better understood and now includes inflammation in the absence of observable damage using radiographic techniques (nr-axSpA). In nr-axSpA, the impact on quality of life is rated as high, as the use of biologic agents is increasingly being seen as an appropriate approach in more advanced conditions such as AS. A number of manufacturers are studying the clinical benefit of NCEs and existing approved agents in this condition, resulting an a highly dynamic future market.
The RealTime Dynamix™: AS & nrAxSpA (US) report series provides a detailed and timely look at current and future trends in the AS and nr-axSpA market, and the effects of the future shifting landscape. The bi-annual releases allow for close monitoring and trending of key performance metrics. In addition to the fixed trended measures, the report also includes variable content addressing current key issues updated bi-annually. The rapid field-to-insight turnaround time, highly relevant content, and unparalleled knowledge of the axSpA market make this an essential tool for companies competing in the space, as well as those with near-term plans to enter it.
The report is based on an online survey of ~100 US rheumatologists and is fielded on a bi-annual basis. Respondents are recruited from the Spherix Network, a proprietary group of rheumatologists in clinical practice meeting quality screening criteria. Our relationship with this network leads to more engaged respondents resulting in higher quality output.
This annual report has been fielded since 2017.
Learn more about RealTime Dynamix™ reports here.
- What are the clinical practice patterns for managing and treating AS and nr-axSpA and how do they differ, if at all?
- How do US rheumatologists diagnose and differentiate AS and nr-axSpA
- Which pharmaceutical companies offer the best support in AS and nr-axSpA? How do payer policies impact the use of the biologics in the treatment of AS and nr-axSpA?
- What is the relative performance of approved agents in the management of AS?
- What is the level of unmet need in AS and nr-axSpA compared to other conditions and what attributes are most desired in new agents?
- How aware of pipeline agents are US rheumatologists, which ones are they excited about, and how do they project future use?
- How much of an advance is Cosentyx over other treatment options for treating AS?
Commercial Products (AS)
AbbVie (Humira), Hospira (Inflectra), Janssen (Remicade, Simponi, Stelara), Merck (Renflexis), Novartis (Cosentyx), Pfizer (Enbrel), UCB (Cimzia)
Pipeline Agents (AS & nrAxSpA)
AbbVie/Boehringer Ingelheim (risankizumab), Eli Lilly (Olumiant, Taltz), Janssen (Stelara, Tremfya), Pfizer (Xeljanz), Sun/Merck (tildrakizumab)
Ankylosing Spondylitis Market Largely Dominated by TNF-Inhibitors, Though Novartis’ Cosentyx Enjoyed Significant Year Over Year Gains and a Growing Percent of Rheumatologists Report Off-Label Use of Pfizer’s Xeljanz
– September 6, 2018
Can Pharma Companies Expand the Current Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) Market with a New Indication for Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthropathy (nr-axSpA)? Novartis and UCB Pharma Are Just Two Companies Angling to Bring Approved Treatments to These Patients in the Near Future – August 1, 2017