Reports / Neurology Reports / RealTime Dynamix: Migraine Prevention US
RealTime Dynamix: Migraine Prevention US (quarterly)
Migraine is a complex neurological disorder that is characterized primarily by recurrent attacks of moderate-to-severe pulsating headache pain which can be episodic (<15 migraine days/month) or chronic (≥15 migraine days/month). Current migraine management encompasses both acute control of attacks as well as the prevention of migraine days. With the May approval of Amgen/Novartis’ Aimovig, an anti-CGRP monoclonal antibody (mAb), quickly followed by the approval of two additional anti-CGRP mAbs, Teva’s Ajovy and Eli Lilly’s Emgality, migraine prevention options have expanded substantially, setting up a highly competitive market. With three additional preventive therapies in the late-stage pipeline, the complexity of therapy selection will continue to intensify.
RealTime Dynamix™: Migraine Prevention (US) provides a close-quarters analysis of key performance metrics, focusing on brand gains and losses, industry contact rates, familiarity and adoption rates of recently launched products, and awareness of products in development. Product perceptions, disease awareness and attitudes, practice management, and other topics are rotated throughout the year to provide a regular review of the crucial drivers of change. This ongoing, independent insights series allows marketing professionals to keep abreast of and quickly react to market changes by providing critical information that will support their commercial strategies in the migraine prevention space.
This quarterly report has been fielded since Q3 2018.
Learn more about RealTime Dynamix™ reports here.
- How is the current and near-term landscape for the migraine prevention market evolving?
- What are the critical opportunities and barriers for growth for each brand?
- To what degree do clinicians have strong preferences for specific preventative migraine brands? How are the brands delivering on key attributes and typical patient types?
- How has the launches of Aimovig, Ajovy, and Emgality impacted the migraine prevention market?
- To what degree are the new launches growing the migraine prevention market versus stealing share from existing products?
- How often are patients requesting specific brands for migraine prevention?
- What is the impact of insurance coverage on influencing migraine preventive therapy selection?
- What are neurologists’ perceptions of late-stage pipeline assets and how do they anticipate incorporating these preventive products into their migraine treatment?
Allergan (Botox), Amgen/Novartis (Aimovig), Eli Lilly (Emgality), Teva (Ajovy)
Alder (eptinezumab), Allergan (atogepant), Biohaven Pharma (rimegepant)
Spherix Global Insights’ Quarterly Update on the US Migraine Prevention Market Confirms the Value of First-to-Market Status for Amgen and Novartis’ Aimovig as Teva’s Ajovy and Eli Lilly’s Emgality Strive to Differentiate From the Class Leader and Each Other – January 24, 2019
Spherix Global Insights’ Quarterly Update on the Multiple Sclerosis Market Reveals a Unique Role for Genzyme’s Aubagio As the Only Oral Standard-Efficacy Therapy for First-Line Treatment of Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis – December 11, 2018