Reports / Nephrology Reports / Renal Dietitians US
RealTime Dynamix: Renal Dietitians US (bi-annual)
The renal market is becoming more dynamic as new products (Keryx’s Auryxia, Rockwell’s Triferic, Relypsa’s Veltassa and Roche/Galenica’s Mircera) have become commercially available and as several pipeline products (Amgen’s etelcalcetide, OPKO’s Rayaldee and ZS Pharma’s ZS- 9) get closer to approval. Renal Dietitians are not prescribers of renal products (phosphate binders, Sensipar, vitamin D, etc.) but very often influence the choice of products and play a key role in reinforcing patient adherence.
RealTime Dynamix™: Renal Dietitians is a parallel to the quarterly survey of nephrologists. A comparison of use and attitudes between the two audiences is explored and content is heavily focused on the RDs role, preferences for bone and mineral metabolism products, new products for hyperkalemia, promotional activity directed at the RDs and dialysis units, protocols.
This bi-annual report has been fielded since Q2 2016.
Learn more about RealTime Dynamix™ reports here.
- What are the key responsibilities of RDs and how do they perceive their level of influence for phosphate binder and SHPT therapy selection?
- How do nephrologists and renal dietitians perceive Auryxia’s impact on anemia parameters? Are RDs involved with anemia management in the units?
- How are the newer iron-based phosphate binders; Auryxia and Velphoro, being used in the dialysis setting? How is this expected to change?
- How is familiarity with new products for hyperkalemia trending and in what ways, if any, do RDs anticipate involvement with Relypsa’s Veltassa?
- What are the perceptions of current bone and mineral products? How might an agent like Ardelyx’s tenapanor be adopted?
- Are dialysis chains encouraging or discouraging the use of certain products?
AbbVie (Zemplar), AMAG (Feraheme), Actavis (Ferrlecit), Venofer), Amgen (Aranesp, Epogen, Sensipar), Fresenius (Venofer, Velphoro), Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (Auryxia), Roche /Galenica (Mircera), Relypsa (Veltassa),Rockwell Medical (Triferic), Sanofi (Renvela, Hectorol) Shire (Fosrenol)
Akebia (vadadustat), Amgen (etelcalcetide), Ardelyx (tenapanor), Bayer (molidustat), Fibrogen (Roxadustat), GSK (daprodustat), OPKO Health (Rayaldee), ZS Pharma (ZS-9)
US Nephrologists Are Optimistic About the Potential for Hypoxia-Inducible Factor Prolyl Hydroxylase Inhibitors (HIF-PHIs) for the Treatment of Renal Anemia – August 1, 2019
US Nephrologists Report Few Gains in the CKD-MBD Market for Akebia’s Auryxia, Amgen’s Parsabiv, and Opko’s Rayaldee Despite Reports That They Would Like to Expand Use of All Three Products – June 25, 2019