Reports / Nephrology Reports / Market Dynamix: Metabolic Acidosis US
Market Dynamix: Metabolic Acidosis US
Market Dynamix™: Metabolic Acidosis is a syndicated report that includes patient level data from large-scale, independent chart audits and survey feedback from 104 US nephrologists. Market size, distribution of serum bicarbonate levels by CKD stage, comparative unmet needs in the dialysis and non-dialysis settings, current treatment approaches and limitations, an attribute importance assessment for new treatments for metabolic acidosis, and physician reaction to a product profile for TRC101, a phase 3 agent in development for metabolic acidosis by Tricida, Inc. is included in the report.
Learn more about Market Dynamix™ reports here.
- What is the comparative level of unmet need for new products to treat metabolic acidosis?
- What percent of patients in CKD, 3, 4, 5 (ND), PD and HD have metabolic acidosis?
- How is metabolic acidosis currently treated in the non-dialysis setting and how satisfied are nephrologists with current options?
- How familiar are physicians with TRC101 and what is their reaction to the product profile? How is TRC101 perceived relative to efficacy in lowering serum bicarbonate, the potential to delay the progression of CKD, tolerability, safety, anticipated cost, and patient convenience?
- Considering products in the renal pipeline – including HIF-inhibitors (roxadustat, vadadustat, daprodustat), Bayer’s finerenone, Reata’s bardoxolone, Ardelyx’s tenapanor and others – which one is the most desired and why?
- What are the perceived advantages and disadvantages of TRC101 and in what percentage of patients do nephrologists anticipate using the product assuming it is FDA approved?
- How much of an advance is TRC101 compared to other pipeline agents and recently launched products such as Relypsa’s Veltassa, Keryx’s Auryxia, and OPKO’s Rayaldee?
Primary market research conducted with 104 US nephrologists in September 2018.
Serum bicarbonate levels for over 1,000 patients by CKD Stage 3-5 non-dialysis, from RealWorld Dynamix: Chronic Kidney Disease 2017. Chart audit conducted in November-December 2017.
Serum bicarbonate levels for over 1,000 hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients, from RealWorld Dynamix: Dialysis 2018. Chart audit conducted in April-May 2018.
US Nephrologists Are Optimistic About the Potential for Hypoxia-Inducible Factor Prolyl Hydroxylase Inhibitors (HIF-PHIs) for the Treatment of Renal Anemia – August 1, 2019
US Nephrologists Report Few Gains in the CKD-MBD Market for Akebia’s Auryxia, Amgen’s Parsabiv, and Opko’s Rayaldee Despite Reports That They Would Like to Expand Use of All Three Products – June 25, 2019